For the last two weeks since we've been married I've been trying to think of a great blog to write about the wedding and the week following the big event. I've finally realized the reason I have such writers block is because the whole week went so fast and was a blur. Honestly, the only thing I remember about the ceremony was when the ring was
a little tight and I had to push really hard to get it on Grant's finger. Oh yeah and the kids in the pool down the hill who were playing Marco-Polo loud enough for everyone on the side of the mountain to hear...I guess every wedding has some memory! Looking at the pictures of the reception I really don't remember any of it. I think I was just way too happy and excited for it all to sink it. The only real
bridezilla moment I had, which wasn't bad at all, was because the groomsman's vests didn't match and Grant's shirt was white and everyone e
lse's were ivory, the color of my dress. After a few deep breaths and
swapping of vests everything went fine. I got complimented by a couple of the boys on how well I kept my cool. I think my mom had a lot more stress than me and she really showed it! The thing that stressed her out so much was that my hair wasn't even done at 11:30 for our noon wedding! By that time I was too
exhausted from all the stress of the day before to even care, I just knew we were going to get married regardless of what time it was!
We spent the next week just relaxing at the beach but by
Wednesday we were ready to be back at our home in Lovell! Grant was in a wedding the weekend after ours so we had to stay down at the beach. The wedding he was in probably cost 5 times the amount our did, but at the end of the day, they are just as married as we are!
We had a beautiful wedding and reception(s). I want to thank everyone who had helped in any way! My parents, grandma, Grant's parents and sister were the biggest helps by far we could never repay them for everything they did for us! A special thanks to Lauren for taking such wonderful pictures the day after the wedding! But there were countless amounts of people who made our big day perfect!
A happy marriage is a new beginning of life, a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.- Dean Stanley
Hi! Ya I'm pretty lucky to be only 10 hours away from my family, so Eric & I will be making a lot of road trips out here. Road trips are fun with your loved one...but not so much when your traveling by yourself. I'm so happy for you and Grant! Your Wedding photo is so beautiful! You make a beautiful bride Lauren! Congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so right. After flying home a week before Christmas I couldn't stand being away from Grant (even though it was only for 4 days because he flew to Michigan for Christmas)so on New Years, I drove 1,500 miles by my self and only stopped for gas! It wasn't fun! But thank you! We're so blessed we found eachother! Being married is awesome!
ReplyDelete