So it begins. Today was the first day of snowboard season 2009-2010. We woke up bright and early, packed our lunches, loaded up all of our gear and headed to Red Lodge Mountain. This will be my eighth season on the slopes and Grant's second. I've some what slowed down on my board. After bruised ribs, concussions, and bruised spleen, I realized the trophies and glory weren't worth my health especially at such a young age. Now I just strictly cruise down the hill, no more rails, jumps, or tricks. Now that Grant is getting more confident on his board, he's wanting to jump and doing some daring things. I just give him advice I learned the hard way, sit back, and watch (or cringe when he falls). Thankfully he's not above wearing a helmet to protect his brain.Grant did very well today, only a few tumbles but he got right back up.
I'm so excited about this season, its going to be so much fun! While looking at my lift tickets from last year on my coat, I found the latest one, April 5th, so if the weather cooperates we'll be hitting the slopes for a solid 5 months again this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment