Friday, August 14, 2009
Pure Disappointment
Since we've known each other, Grant has been trying to get me to watch Fargo, a movie about a husband who plans the kidnapping of his wife. It was a pretty good movie, but during the whole film I could hardly stop my self from laughing at the horrible accents the actors had. I'm from Michigan and traveled all over the state and neighboring states and I have never heard such ridiculous accents. Yes, people do have these accents, but not to the horrible extreme the movie portrays. Another horrible disappointment to me was the fact that they had a message at the beginning of the movie that's says its a true story, but while watching the extra features, the Coen brothers reveal that its not a true story and they made that up so people who get into the movie more....Lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't argue against your opinion, but I can say I really enjoyed Fargo. It's a black comedy so I think they laid the accents on extra thick for comedic effect. I lived in Wisconsin for a while and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to go from there to Frances McDormand's exaggerated Minnesota way of speaking, and the "Ohhh yaaah"s just made it funny,
ReplyDeletebut not in a mean-spirited way.
Anyway if you didn't like that, maybe look at "The Big Lebowski" also by the Coen brothers (who come from Minnesota by the way) and starring Jeff Bridges and John Goodman.