
Grant and I made our way back to Michigan for our third and final wedding reception. On the way I got very well reacquainted with my old friend Concerta, which helped me make it through the night driving. Leaving at 7 P.M. was not a very wise choice but its what we had to do to get there in time for our reception. I saw the biggest bucks of my life on the east side of Wyoming, which would all scare the dickens out of me when I saw them. My co-pilot wasn't really much help, seeing how he slept almost the whole way. Twenty-two hours later, we made it home on Friday at 9 P.M. to find everyone else returning to the house at the same time. Grant and my parents had been "bonding" all day. After catching up and the parents spliting a big a bottle of wine which caused even more bonding. Since I drove the whole way I was exhausted and ready to go to bed, but we still had someone missing. We waited up until 11 and then Grant's friend, Chris, finally made it to my parents house. We finally went to bed after 36 hours of being awake. The next morning we awoke to find a heap of tasks that had to be done before the party. Then before we knew it, the party was in full swing. Seeing people I hadn't seen since my graduation party, reconnecting with friends and having so much of my family was amazing. Ten of my first cousins made it, and we counted that that 9 more couldn't make it, I love having a big family. After too much food, cake, and numerous times getting asked when we're going to have babies, the party was finally over. The rest of the trip went by too fast and we spent a majority of it catching up on sleep and hanging out with my wonderful friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment