Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sweet September

Whoa, September, where did you go? Its hard to believe its already October! September was a great month. We started out the month in Michigan enjoying time with the family. Upon returning to Wyoming, we went camping for a few days with the Mickelson family. We had so much fun spending time with our faux family. Grandma and Grandpa came over to Lovell the week, for a trip into the Pryor Mountains. Our adventure in Grandpa giant Ford dually was one to remember. Grandma got so excited about seeing a black bear with 3 cubs so couldn't take a picture. But the trip was well worth the horribly bumpy mountain road when we came into a valley full of wild mustangs. Nothing can beat the authentic feeling of "west" you get when you see wild horses running in a field in the mountains. This summer I has probably seen my grandparents more than in one year when I lived in Michigan. Now the times of going to Cody to visit them are over. Sitting at the good ole' Ponderosa campground people watching with my grandma, dinners with the Tucker family (even Clayton would make an appearance once and a while), and listening to the rodeo car drive by.
We celebrated my my 21st birthday near the end of the month. Since Grant had to work, he surprised me with a day at the spa. I got pampered all day, it was wonderful. After he got off work, we went to Cody for a nice little dinner, just Grant and I. While waiting for a table we walked to the bar and had my first free birthday drink, woo. We really celebrated in style by driving 7 hours down to the University of Wyoming, in Laramie and partied it up for the weekend.
The month ended on kind of a somber note when I came home from Laramie and had the worst sore throat. My mom and Grandma were staying at the house since grandpa left with the camper that weekend to head back to Michigan. Since I was sick, mom cut her trip short. Grant took me to the ER and I ended up having a nasty virus. Thankfully Grant had that whole next week off to take care of his sick wife.
This was by far the best summer of my life, enjoying our new life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment