I wrote this first part about 4 months ago:
Moving to Wyoming was the best decision I've ever made. I graduated college, met my husband, and started my life over. Since moving here a year ago, I've lived in the dorms at NWC, with Grant in Powell, and finally in our rented house in Lovell. Recently we've been really debating on buying a house in Lovell or not. We love it here, its home to us now, but we're not sure if we want to be tied down here. When in Lovell and I say "home" I'm referring to Mattawan, Michigan, and to Grant its Enoree, South Carolina. When either of us are at "the place our parents live" we refer to our Lovell as "home." We've both came to the conclusion that home doesn't mean that much to either of us. To some people home is everything, but for us, if we're together that's all that matters. Even if we decided to move "home" from our current residence, one of us would be away from our family. Moving to Michigan would be unfair to Grant, moving to South Carolina would not be home to me. Recently we've been house hunting pretty hard, trying to find a place that doesn't cost a fortune but is still nice. A part of me hopes we find one but in the back of my head there is Grant's voice, reminding me of how wonderful South Carolina truly is.
Update:
Now we've found a house we love and are waiting on the bank to get back with us about our loan. We dug ourselves out of a mountain of paper work and are excited about this whole process. The thoughts of staying or moving away are no longer present. We both love it here and want to start our family here. We would miss the mountains and the open land.
"Home is where the heart is"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Home is where you park it"...my favorite motto. :o) I guess that's fitting for me & my old man, right?
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it doesn't matter where you are--home is where you make it, together. Don't worry you're not missing a THANG in SC (oh and we'll call Lanford our hometown since Enoree is so horrid) :o) he he
That's my favorite saying too! It's true home is where the heart is (and where you park it lapo) After having both of my children move away, I truly understand that you can be anywhere and it feels like home. I love WY too and I will visit anywhere your hearts are!MaPo
ReplyDelete