Last Monday, April 6th, Grant found out that when he got off work on Thursday, April 9th, he didn't have to go back for a week. I had Friday through Tuesday off of school as well. Being the crazy couple we are, we decided to drive to Michigan to see my family for Easter. At 6pm on Thursday we took off in my car and headed across country for the 1500 mile drive...oh man. We made it to Rapid City, SD when we had to stop and sleep, we obviously are getting older and can't drive all night, even though I did it alone in January. Getting back on the road at 7 am Friday morning, only 40 miles away from Wall Drug...Grant just had to stop there, even though I warned him it wasn't worth the time...he agreed after we left. We drove ALL day and didn't get home until 1 am on Saturday morning. My mom was waiting up for us and was so excited when we pulled in.
We spent Saturday visiting with friends and family. Sunday was a beautiful sunny Easter, which was spent with my wonderful family. Monday we spent a day relaxing, getting rested for the long drive ahead of us. At 6am on Tuesday we packed the final things into my car and took off. I drove all day and by the time we crossed the Wyoming state line we were both exhausted and couldn't keep our eyes open. We decided to find a hotel and stay the night and drive the rest of the way in the morning. We got to Gillette...and every hotel with rooms under $100 were completely full. With no other options we continued to drive. Singing songs, telling stories, anything to try to stay awake. We made it to Buffalo at 12:30 a.m. and couldn't stand it any longer. Staying at some random hotel that had a queen bed and then a twin bed separated by a half wall and the smallest bath room I've ever seen. We left the "far-from-Hilton" hotel early Wednesday morning. We crossed the horribly snow covered mountain and got home at 10am. I had a quick shower and got ready, I had to be at school at noon.
People ask why we would drive all that way for just 3 days of being in Michigan? Our answer...so we wouldn't we bored. We're so spontaneous and perfect for each other.
This is the only picture with eachother we took the whole trip. This is at the Mississippi River.
"We were a lot of things...but we weren't crazy"
No comments:
Post a Comment