Ever since I can remember I have been scared of the dark. If I'm climbing stairs, I run up them really fast because I'm scared someone is behind me. I always have to have a light on if its dark outside. Its actually a blessing in disguise, having this chronic fear actually lead to me and Grant's relationship, but that's another story.
One night, when Grant was working 2nd shift, he got home at 11 like usual. We sat in the kitchen and talked for a while and then decided to go to bed. I started walking to the bedroom while Grant was still taking care of things in the kitchen. I knew what he was going to do and of course he did it. I knew he was going to turn off the kitchen light before I could make it to the bedroom. On top of that, he made a growling noise because he knows that really freaks me out. Upon me screaming, he realized he had made a mistake and starting running toward me to comfort me. Not knowing that he was running towards me, I starting running toward him...BOOM!!! My 120 pound body was no match to his 200 pounds. You know that flash you see when you hit your head on something...I saw my first flash when we hit each other. Needless to say I flew, literately flew through the air and proceeded to land on my right hip/butt cheek area. I didn't stop when I landed on the floor, I slid...on carpet. The whole time I was the 10 feet, I was thinking "oh no, oh no, I know there is a wall coming up soon!" Not only was it the wall, it was the door frame, which was when I saw my second impact flash, when the back of my head hit. Laying in the hallway in some what of shock of what just happen and crying from the pain, I heard Grant frantically saying my name and asking if I was alright...You have to remember there are still no lights on at this point. For some reason Grant crawled to my side, I'm not sure why he crawled! He reached up at turned the light on to find me curled up in a ball holding the back of my head. By the tone of his voice, I think he thought he had killed me when he repeatedly asked if I was okay. I couldn't talk...not because of my head injury, but because I was laughing/crying so hard. Once he saw I was laughing, he joined in. We sat on the floor and laughed until our stomachs hurt (or drooled in Grant's case). My head still felt like it was getting ripped apart because it was swelling so much so fast. After the bag of frozen okra Grant got to stop the swelling, we finally made it to bed.
"Pain is deeper than all thought; Laughter is higher than all pain" -Elbert Hubbard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment