Thursday, April 2, 2009

I know my dad's name is John and so is yours...but you're not my dad!

My Thursdays consist of Intro to Literature at 9:25- 10:50, then Biological Research at 1-1:50 and then Ecology Lab at 2:25-4:15. I have the same teacher for the two later classes. I have him for another class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I'm around this guy a lot! Well he's the kind of teacher that really cares about certain students but has a very funny way of showing it. He is blatantly rude some times. Well today during the 35 minute break between the last two classes he told me that I have a lot of knowledge that I don't put to use and am very inconsistent in class. He proceed to inform me that I pay attention some days and not at all other days....honestly name one person who can pay attention to a 50 minute long lecture three times a week and not get distracted sometimes! Earlier in the year he informed me about a job position in Cody. I decided not to apply for it since I have 20 credit hours and I really need to graduate this Spring. He told me today that I wasted a wonderful opportunity by passing up this job and he felt insulted that I didn't apply. I proceeded to explain to him my situation and he came back with "Studies show that when people have jobs when they are in school, then tend to do better in school." Sorry old man, I just didn't want to have the stupid job! He asked why my test scores are sometimes really low and I said "honestly, its because I don't study enough, I get lazy and don't do all the readings." He said something under his breath and walked out of the room.

It's my life, if I don't want to take a job that's my decision, if I don't study for a test and do poorly on it, I'm the one that suffers the bad grade. I know he cares and wants me to go far in life but he doesn't have to call me dumb.

Okay enough venting for one day...please forgive me.


"Stupid is as stupid does"

3 comments:

  1. Don't apologize for venting....it has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those NWC teachers who think they are teaching at a University when in fact they are teaching at a "community college!" I don't miss that one bit! Good luck! It does get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't wait to graduate next month!

    ReplyDelete